We're Hiring! Regional Manager - Southeast U.S.
REGIONAL MANAGER - SOUTHEAST USA
We’re currently seeking a Regional Manager for a contractual role with a home-base in the Southeast US. The role of the Regional Manager (RM) is to maintain the organization’s relationships with its members (fabricators and suppliers) and to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. RM’s serve as the primary relay point between Steel Plus Network and the members and are responsible for managing expectations and developing business solutions for the organization. RM’s are in charge of creating effective business plans to generate more revenue, increase brand loyalty, and improve customer satisfaction. In addition, the RM is to coordinate various operational functions of the organization (described below) and give support to Steel Plus Network (SPN) management and the Board of Managers.
- Be familiar with SPN’s mission statement and strive to promote that to members;
- Be familiar with the organizational and operational structure of SPN in order to effectively communicate these to the membership;
- Acquire purchasing/sales data from both fabricators and suppliers in order to analyze trends and help direct proper areas of focus for future development;
- Provide information about potential new suppliers or fabricators;
- RM’s travel extensively and must meet with all members and suppliers throughout their geographic sales region on a regular basis in order to maintain their relationships and to discuss opportunity;
- Additionally, RM’s must meet with company management and the rest of the team to give feedback on their region and to learn about new developments at SPN;
- Attend conferences and trade shows to maintain the necessary familiarity with trends and developments within the steel industry as a whole;
- Generate leads from cold calls, networking, and connections with the industry;
- Utilize the SPN Member Zone to research fabricator data and supplier programs;
- Deliver presentations to membership as well as to potential fabricator and supplier members to grow SPN’s membership base;
- Identify opportunities for campaigns that will lead to an increase in purchasing for members and sales for suppliers;
- Manage existing member accounts and create new opportunities for business;
- Contribute to Strategic Planning as it is the Regional Manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market and the solutions/services the company can provide;
- Submit monthly reports to the General Manager detailing activities for the past month (visits, presentations, cold calls, opportunities, ideas);
- Participate in training and mentoring to SPN members to educate them on the SPN’s activities.
- 3 years’ management experience in the structural steel industry or civil engineering
- Proven track record in business development and corporate growth
- Excellent written and grammatical skills in English
- Motivated and driven to take initiative
- Outstanding organization and time management skills
- Reliable, honest, and dedicated
- Proficient with MS Office
- Able to travel extensively in the Southeast U.S.
This role will appeal to those who require little supervision, driven to grow opportunity, enjoy travelling, are able to prioritize their day independently, and work from a home-based office.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those who are eligible and reside permanently in the Southeast U.S. will be will be contacted.