University of Waterloo Steel Bridge Design Team - Steel Plus Network Sponsorship
Steel Plus Network is proud to announce our Gold Sponsorship for the University of Waterloo Steel Bridge Design Team.
Check out their website at https://www.uwaterloosteelbridge.com/ and see our logo in recognition. The team is currently preparing for two competitions in the next four months. The ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) Steel Bridge Design competition occurring in Syracuse, New York at the end of April and the CSCE (Canadian Society of Civil Engineers) Steel Bridge Design Competition in Quebec City, Quebec in mid-May. Their team is looking to send 16 students to each competition, where they will be able further develop their knowledge as future engineers.
The funds they raise between now and the competition will be put towards:
- The purchase of remaining structural steel for the bridge;
- Two tanks of Stargold C25 gas to be used for welding our bridge;
- A new compressed gas flow regulator to replace our damaged regulator;
- A team poster to be on display at the competition; and
- Remaining funds will be used to subsidize the registration costs and hotel fees required to attend both ASCE and CSCE Steel Bridge Competitions.
Now we're looking forward to getting our own team t-shirts!